[3830] ARRL FD N9TF 1D QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N9TF 1D QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 01:05:05 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  222     0       0  Total Score = 2,220

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Decided to do all CW, Qrp. Whenever I have operated at the Lake County R.A.C.E.S
operation, it's always been in the CW camper, usually midnight to 4am. I was
looking forward to operating with Howie, K9KM again this year, until this
pandemic screwed things up. I actually started operating off just one wire
sloper (60m 1/4 sloper), on all bands the first couple hours, and found it a
real struggle to be heard. Switched over to the resonate antennas per band, and
things became a little easier to be heard with 5 watts. One main goal was to
make Qs on each band, 6m-160M. Goal accomplished thanks to N9UM for showing up
on 6m Sunday morning. I had a feeling 6 was going to be the tough band for a CW
contact as all the activity there has migrated to digital. 160 was second
toughest due to high static noise level, and an intermittent cable connection in
the shack for that antenna feed.
Bands seemed to be in pretty good shape for Qrp once I started using resonate
antennas! Wish I had more time to dedicate to FD, but the good weather allowed
for needed outdoor chores to be taken care of, so missed some prime operating
time.

73 Gene,N9TF

K3S set to 5 watts. The usual low hanging wires and a 2 element triband at 37'.