[3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dougdever@gmaill.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 00:04:39 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: NW8S
Operator(s): KB8O KM8V AB8M N8EFO NQ8O N8MPF KC8NZJ
Station: NW8S

Class: 5A LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   123   245     239
   40:   456   218     107
   20:   473    16     198
   15:   116     5      21
   10:     3     0      84
    6:                  38
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1171   484     687  Total Score = 10,330

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Total score includes the QSO points and the bonus points for the station.

Another field day is in the books.  The abundance of 1Ds and the ability for
them to work each other certainly changed the momentum of the event.  It was
more difficult to hold a frequency but we changed around our operating system
and ultimately had the best year we've done this.

This year we had 3 dedicated CW operators, 1 dedicated digital operator, and 2
what were supposed to be phone operators.  Between the permanent stations and
the pile-ups on them and the band conditions, we adjusted our operations a bit.
2 of our 3 CW stations spend the weekend S&P.  One of our phone stations
ended up doing mostly digital where the field was a bit more even and only a few
hours of phone.  The phone we did do was during peak times on bands we know
we're good on (cut dipoles on 40 and 80 pulled up about 50 feet AGL between
trees).  We're very happy with the results.

Band conditions were interesting.  20 was a dog on Saturday.  Our CW op racked
up points, but phone was a brutal slog with everyone about equal in the noise
and difficult to make a QSO.  We had storms coming across Lake Erie in the
evening, providing plenty of static crashes on 40 and 80 to contend with.

Conditions on Sunday were a lot nicer.  The only thing we could have asked for
would have been a bit more of an opening on 6m than we saw - it sure was
impressive during the week!

All in all, many Qs in the logbook, everyone hopefully caught up on sleep today
and, as always, many 807s consumed and in the recycle bin.

Thanks to everyone we got in the log book this weekend from the Black River
Radio Ops.