[3830] ARRL FD WA2VYA 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2vya@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD WA2VYA 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 02:02:03 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  211     0       0  Total Score = 422

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

During the several Field Days I have operated from home, as contrasted to
operating with a serious club effort in the field, it is play time.

I operated with serious efforts in the field, starting in 1969 and extending for
about 40 years with K2AA in New Jersey, frequently as a band chairman, and some
years as overall chairman; twice with a friend from a mountain in Massachusetts;
once with a club in Pennsylvania (W3GS?); twice with K4TLH and the Tallahassee
Amateur Radio Society in Florida; and more recently with N5TT, the Williamson
County ARC in Texas.

Most of what I have done is on CW, but I spent some time working DX on Friday
night and running stations at K2AA during FD numerous weekends with a 40m 3 el
wire beam SSB that was a lot of fun.

This year, I decided to spend most of my time on 10m and it was nice to have 10m
back.  Ten turned out to be productive and fun.  It almost felt like having a
new band.

Some years ago, I started focusing on 6m at FD at K2AA in New Jersey and other
FD's from home in New Jersey, Florida and Texas and enjoyed that very much.
Until the FT8 takeover of 6m.

I was pleased to see some CW activity on 6m in the short time I was on the air
on Sunday this year.  Maybe next year, I will make it a habit again, and some of
you can join me below 50.100.

73 Frank WA2VYA