[3830] ARRL FD K8RYU 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mathenyr@marietta.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K8RYU 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 16:05:23 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions pretty good...even 10 and 15 open for long periods.  Setup in my
minivan at local dog park.  Creature comfort (this creature) very poor but I
survived.  I won't do that again....I'm a big guy and it's a small van!.

Most Q's on CW but just had to get on fone some....I wont even mention digi.

Much rain and rain static Saturday.

Radio (K3) worked great as usual, had one failure with the Astron PS I was
using to float charge the battery for the radio.

Antennas wise...used a 250 foot wire on 80 fed at a quarter wave point,
also used on 40 meters.  Full wave at 20 fed at quarter wave point also
used on higher bands, and on 40 as well.  Found it effective to swap between
wires on 40 where the two wires have different patterns.  Wish I could get them
up 100 feet or so for real killers!  The wires work very well.  Fed with
300-ohm
line via Johnson Matchboxes.

Sure glad to get on for FD....missed Dayton and to miss FD AND Dayton would
probably cause me to take up stamp collecting.

de K8RYU