[3830] ARRL FD N4TOL 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iam4rb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N4TOL 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 23:55:12 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  300    200      0  Total Score = 800

Club: North Fulton ARL

Comments:

Icom IC-7600 @ 100 watts
HOA wire
N3FJP

I thought Field Day would be uneventful, operating from the home shack, but it
turned out to have some of the unpredictability of a regular FD.  Thunderstorms
prevailed and I had to unplug during late afternoon and cease operating on
Saturday.  Then early Saturday evening a power outage rebooted the entire house
during operation.  When all reset, my logging program was behaving erratically.
Reloaded the program to another computer, but problem was still there, as it
turned out to be a corrupted log file.  I was able to soldier on, although the
program was resetting sporadically and emptying the data records each time.
Fortunately, the program was saving the records, so I had to reload the file
each time this happened - sometimes after each QSO in succession, and sometime
it would let me run about a dozen before clearing.  This certainly impacted
trying to run a frequency, but at least I was not losing data, and still in the
game.

All in all it was fun, but I really prefer Field Day under a tent hanging out
with my fellow hams.  I will be ready for that next year.