[3830] IARU K1ESE(@W1IMD) SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K1ESE(@W1IMD) SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:53:35 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: W1IMD

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:   44            12       20
   40:  158            23       34
   20:  403            28       35
   15:   96            12       20
   10:    4             0        4
-------------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I am very grateful for the use of W1IMD via remote.  Thank you, Paul.

The highlights -
I worked a bunch of JAs, many calling me when I was calling CQ.  Then got a call
from a China station.  Later I called a China station for another BA QSO.
Haven't worked China in years.

The hardware and software all performed well with no significant problems.

I finally figured out how to improve my score in this contest.  I concentrated
on the 3 and 5 point stations and spent little time on 1 point contacts.  That's
harder at home, but the excellent antennas at W1IMD make it possible.  Thus, I
spent my time working for points and not QSOs.  That paid off.  I have done this
contest 8 times before.  My best was 240k points and 701 QSOs over 12 hours.
This year I did 10 hours, made about the same 705 QSOs.  But this year that was
worth 470k points.  Not just my best ever, but nearly double the score from last
year.  That was the most radio fun I have had in years.