[3830] IARU K4AB SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larry.k4ab@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K4AB SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 16:22:32 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    32            6       1
   80:    71           15      12
   40:   488           25      34
   20:  1064   432     36      35
   15:   107     4     14      15
   10:    13            3       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  1775   436     99      99  Total Score = 1,246,014

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

That was fun.  I guess I somehow missed the full 15/10 opening to
Europe. I worked a handful, but either I missed the main effect of
the opening, or it never got this far south.

One fortunate thing, the WX was perfect throughout the contest.
No local storms to contend with.  However, about 3 hours before the
end of the contest I just happened to check the WX radar and a huge
complex of storms was 90 miles away, and heading this way.

Luckily, the storms hit just as the clock was approaching 12Z, no
no time was lost.  I got everything disconnected right after the
last QSO, and the first thunderclap was heard 8 minutes later.

The QRN was horrible the entire contest. Especially on the low bands.
I never even tried phone on 160/80/40 due to the noise.

Nevertheless, overall conditions were far better than expected.

73,
Larry K4AB