[3830] IARU K6RO SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lashap@cox.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K6RO SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 17:50:15 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:           1      1
   80:           1      1
   40:         164      9       2
   20:         272     13      24
   15:          22      4       3
   10:           3      1
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     463     29      29  Total Score = 62,234

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Was hoping for better conditions,as a phone contest from CA is not so fun when
only 2 bands were open. I heard EU stations on 20m,but they didn't hear me.
About half way through I almost switched to mixed mode..but didn't.
I heard lots of activity on CW.
I heard some strong stations on 15m ,but there were not enough guys trying it to
stay there for any longer than I had to.
I almost stopped at dinner time Saturday night..glad I didn't,as I had a nice
147 Q run on 40m.Once 40 died,I tried 20m one last time,and I rolled off a
string of EU HQ stations that were very loud. Most heard me on the first call.
At 06:23,I was finished,and went to bed. I left 6 hours early,but didn't think
it was worth it to lose all that sleep :)
Thanks to WA6MEM for 6 bands :)
Thanks for the q's,
Larry k6ro

After the contest,I looked up 6m spots,and it looks like I missed a huge JA
opening Saturday evening..oh well :)

K3S
KPA1500
JK Navassa at 37ft