[3830] IARU N5RZ SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N5RZ SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 18:17:25 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:    24    0       5       1
   80:   199    0      18       7
   40:   785    0      31      36
   20:   956    0      36      33
   15:   111    0      16       7
   10:    11    0       5       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  2086    0     111      84  Total Score = 1,315,860

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun weekend with the radio.  Very interesting condx.  I've come to the
conclusion my station has issues on 15M.    Not sure what the deal is, but have
to do some serious testing.   I couldn't hear hardly any of the EU stations the
guys in my area were working and the band seemed lackluster at best for me.
Maybe 3 elements at 50' just doesn't cut it?    Is it the FLEX receiver?   I
just do not know.     I'm in the process of building monobanders for 20M (5/5 at
100'/60') and 15M (7/7 at 90'/45')  --  hope to have them up this fall.  They
better help!   Not sure if I'll get the 4 el 40M up (at 130') by then or not -
someday.

20M and 40M were both in great shape.   80M and 160M very very QRN  -  sorry for
those I could not dig out.    However, signals started to overcome the static
and worked a number of loud JA's and South Americans in the last couple of hours
on 80M.    Getting old -  had to take a couple of half hour naps when things got
slow.

Thanks to all for the QSO's.  Congrats to all the big scorers out there.

FLEX 6600 and Maestro     Elecraft KPA1500  SPE 2K-FA  Amplifier
Bencher Skyhawk Tribander at 50'    20M E/W dipole at 70'   40M 4 Square
80M:  Full size 1/4 wave vertical     160M:  Inverted "L"
Hi-Z 8 circle RX Array    5 300'+ beverages
Local CW Skimmer Server     N1MM+  Logging Software.

73,  Gator