[3830] IARU NN7CW SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn7cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NN7CW SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 19:02:59 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 22:10
Radios: SO2R

  160:     7            4       1
   80:   148           12      12
   40:   660           26      33
   20:   921           28      28
   15:   306           17      18
   10:    21            6       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  2063    0      93      93  Total Score = 1,053,504

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Last minute decision (actually the weekend before when I decided to crank up the
antennas again after a very early hurricane season preparation) to get the
station up and running again to participate in this contest. I'm glad I did!

The weather here around this time of the year accounts for generally noisy low
bands and plenty of thunder storms which means you'll likely end up being
disappointed if you like meticulously planning serious full-time efforts. So of
course there were hours were copying was really hard and I was trying to listen
for thunder with one ear while pushing out the inevitable QRT before I had to
shut down everything for about two hours at 21:15. However, the positives are
that I was having a blast and for the first time in 2020 the station ran without
any issues, so I am excited about that!

Due to the lost time in the late afternoon I ended up being behind schedule
because I wasn't able to complete my raid of 20 on time. However, I mostly
caught up and once I had completed my S&P on 40 I was able to settle down
and relax a little, with no other interruptions till the end of the event.
Due to the time of the year and the characteristics of the contest I enjoyed the
somewhat higher focus on the high bands, at least in the beginning of the
contest. I worked DD5DD on 10 and 15 which was a good reminder that we have more
than 4 1/2 bands to play with. And from now on things will only get better, HI!

Thanks everyone and till next time!
Wolf