[3830] IARU K6NR SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K6NR SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:26:53 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: 6
Operating Time (hrs): 14:38

  160:   16             5       1
   80:   41             7       4
   40:  242            23      16
   20:  422            23      25
   15:  135            14       8
   10:   62             9       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest.  Conditions were pretty good given where we are in the
solar cycle, although a little weird.  I didn't get started until 4
hours into the contest, and 20 meters wasn't very good at the time.
I heard Eu, strong HQ stations mostly, but they had a hard time
hearing me.  I was able to run stateside to a degree, on 20, and on
15, even on 10 later in the day. Stations were sparse on 10 and 15,
but there were actually Eu on both, easily workable.  I wasn't
expecting that. I have multiple local noise sources, with a new one
showing up in the Northeast, the worse direction for it.  But it was
intermittent, as was my pulsing noise in the Northwest.

20 meters was great later on Saturday, Eu were stronger, plentiful
and hearing me, and I was able to run stateside.  Worked some 80, but
not much over the noise on 160.  40 was good, Eu HQ stations and for
stateside.  I was running stateside with an occasional DX, 100 an hour
when I decided to call it a night at 0630.  I got back up for the last
40 minutes of the contest. 40 was hot to the pacific, worked another
70 stations before it was over.

The conditions and activity made for a fun contest.  Thanks for all
the QSOs!     Dana

Station: K3, KPA1500;
Antennas: 160 Inverted L, 80 meter vertical over 67 radials;
40 meter 4 square; 4L@60 on 20, 5L@50' on 15, 5L @ 48' on 10;
various receive antennas that don't do much in tons of noise...