[3830] IARU W4KZ(KG5HVO) SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5hvo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W4KZ(KG5HVO) SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 19:04:55 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: W4KZ
Operator(s): KG5HVO
Station: KG5HVO

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   13             4       1
   80:   81      2      8       5
   40:  352     90     23      31
   20:  365    179     27      30
   15:   80     17     12      12
   10:   15      2      4       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  906    290     78      83  Total Score = 491,372

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

This was my first single op in IARU. I learned a lot. Thanks to all those who
gave me strategy tips.

The day before the contest started, I felt the need to have 160m capability,
mainly for the mults. My inverted L broke in half last May. I soldered the
vertical portion back together as a temporary fix. I will replace the whole
element soon. It wasn’t in the best position. About 50ft was vertical and the
rest sloped down to 10ft. I‘m glad I put it up though! It was worth the
mults.

Condx were ok throughout. I worked TM0HQ and heard another EU HQ on 10m. Not too
much EU on 15m. 20m got hot in the afternoon. 40m was decent. 80m and 160m were
really noisy.

Coolest DX was probably KH2JU on 40m SSB.

Thanks to all who QSYed when requested. It was great to compete against Alex
LZ4AX. He kept me in the chair!

Congrats to the top finishers.

73,
Bryant KG5HVO