[3830] IOTA VE9EX SO(A)24SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA VE9EX SO(A)24SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 14:08:39 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2020

Call: VE9EX
Operator(s): VE9EX
Station: VE9EX

Class: SO(A)24SSB HP
QTH: Hanwell, NB, Canada
Operating Time (hrs): 4.6

   80:   0        0        0        0
   40:   0        0       23     3.70
   20:   0        0       22     7.91
   15:   0        0        0        0
   10:   0        0        0        0
Total:   0        0       45       74  Total Score = 3,367

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

On 40 m I had 3 islands and on 20 m I had 10 islands, giving 13 islands.
23*3.70+22*7.91 gives 259 and 259 * 13 is the score of 3367.

This is one of my few regular contests, but I had many other family activities
and could not put in a big effort.  After years of planning, I put up a 40 m
vertical a few weeks ago and it now has a series tuning capacitor.  There are a
few improvements that I still need to make.  With this antenna, it was far
easier to pick up Buenos Aires than with my G5RV.  Even with this better
antenna, some QSOs took a long time and I thank those patient operators.
Compared with a few weeks ago, the bands seemed slightly noisier at my QTH.  I
hope to hear you later in the bands, 73, Brent VE9EX b.petersen@ieee.org.