[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 14:21:00 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jul 29

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP20XW
Operating Time (hrs): 0.86

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  16
   20:  24
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  40  Mults = 33  Total Score = 1,320

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

A CWT with repairs: In the midst of the QSO with
SM0Y my vertical got disconnected... We got a sea
container last week, and I decided to use it as a
counterpoise for the all-band vertical (straight
radiator without traps). The vertical got shorter
by 3 meters and it is now about 15 m tall, which
is still a bit too long for 14 MHz. Anyway, it is
now much easier on the MT-3000A tuner with a lower
SWR on most bands. It took me 8 minutes to reconnect
the radiating wire to the coax after been cut off
from the 7 MHz QSO with SM0Y.

As far as for conditions, I heard a non-CWT CQ from
a SM7 on 21 MHz. On 14 MHz Stateside was weak with
W1VE as an exception and K5CM later on. Also worked
VE2FK. Heard N4BP before switching to 7 MHz fairly
early in the session.

The radiation pattern of the vertical should not be
much different, but there is less anti-phase field
from the lower part on 14 MHz, and hopefully more
field radiated from the upper part at 8-18 m height.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops