[3830] EUHF Champ HG3N(HA3LN) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, csaba@ha3ln.hu
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ HG3N(HA3LN) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 00:40:20 +0000
                    European HF Championship - 2020

Call: HG3N
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: HA3LN

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: EEU
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   101           52
   80:   282           61
   40:   304           66
   20:   311           66
   15:   137           58
   10:   201           61
---------------------------
Total:  1336    0     364  Total Score = 485,212

Club:

Comments:

The first contest since the covid lockdown.

Had a lot of preparation. Introduced stub-pairs for improving the interstation
interference situation. Actually almost all band combinations are good however
there is no magic on a 40 x 17m square where all the antennas located. I need
to do something with 40m-20m combo as the propagation seems to be back
(building up at least).

Had a glitch right before the start when the band decoder driver IC gave it up.
Took a horror 15 minutes until found out that the failure is not with the MP's
RX. Lucky me I had plenty of spare from this IC.

Still having the 3el @5m for 15m. It was painful to see the increasing qso
totals on cqcontest.net. All my second tower dreams was drained this spring
due to the local regulations but I have to do something...

Almost 20% better score compa to last year so objective completed.
True, I had lot of mistakes which made the UBN expensive.

Thanks for the calls.

CU in WW SSB.

73! Csaba HA3LN / HG3N
http://ha3ln.hu/