[3830] NAQP CW K3UA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3ua1541@mac.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3UA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 20:00:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K3UA
Operator(s): K3UA
Station: K3UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   65    22
   80:  268    42
   40:  222    54
   20:  229    49
   15:   28    16
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  813   184  Total Score = 149,592

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 1

Comments:

SO1R using K3 and all band low 80M inverted V about 20 feet at the center in the
big tree.  For 160M I added 66 feet of wire to one end of the dipole which
loaded perfectly on the band.

Wow what great fun this was - can't beat a great CW contest which doesn't take
up the entire weekend!  Conditions not great on 15 and 10 but 20 seemed okay and
even was short for awhile.  40M went very long very early but did return later
to a nice normal band with East Coast short skip.

I had this very strong line noise sounding noise which would switch on for maybe
30 seconds and then suddenly just cut off.  Would be quiet for maybe two minutes
and then would come on and just devastate even being able to hear anything.  My
apologies to those stations when I was having trouble copying exchanges.  Almost
sounded like a neighbor's outside light switching on maybe around 8:30PM -
almost as though it was autodetecting when darkness came.

We had some thunderstorms come through also but only affected me for maybe a
half hour so had some forced time off.

Again lots of fun and great to be a CW operator!

Keep safe everyone!

Phil K3UA