[3830] NAQP SSB KL7SB(@KL7RA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sbloom@acsalaska.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KL7SB(@KL7RA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 06:27:24 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KL7SB
Operator(s): KL7SB
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Nikiski, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:
   80:    3     3
   40:  155    37
   20:  283    51
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  441    91  Total Score = 40,131

Club:

Team:

Comments:

We can't really compete in this one.  100W in a phone contest from Alaska during
the Summer is the kind of thing that starts a drinking habit, so I was mostly
there to give out the mult.

That went pretty much according to plan for the first 5-6 hours.  Couldn't run
at all, and it took me about that long to get my first 100 Qs.  After taking a
break, decided I'd try to run on 20M around 0200Z, and while rates weren't
really high, I managed 150 or so additional Qs by 0400Z.  Went to 40, and again,
it was just S&P with a lot more S than P.  Then decided to try and run
around 0430Z, and, the dam burst.  The last hour was absolutely insane.  Huge
pileups with great signals.  If this contest had started out six hours later,
would have been real interesting.