[3830] NAQP SSB KH6CJJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KH6CJJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 07:09:51 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:    3     2
   40:   46    18
   20:  385    54
   15:   28    14
   10:
-------------------
Total:  462    88  Total Score = 40,656

Club: Maui Amateur Radio Club

Team: GMCC Nuggets

Comments:

Conditions were terrible for the first four hours.  By 2200Z I had already taken
my two hours off and had only around 50 Qs.  10 was nonexistent and 15 was very
poor with only 28 total Qs.  What a difference from those east of the
Mississippi who had more than 100 Qs on each band!  However, after 2200Z the dam
broke on 20 and I ran for over five hours and could have gone longer except to
having to move to 40 for some multipliers.  The pileups were large and seemingly
endless.  My rate would have been higher if I had not had to continually
question call signs.  When I finally got to 40 around 0445Z, I thought
conditions were very poor there.  They were even worse on 80 where I worked the
only three stations I could hear.

Overall a fun contest and I look forward to the days when 10 and 15 will be
back.  Thanks for all the Qs.  Kent