[3830] NAQP SSB W4LT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4LT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 23:37:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     8
   40:   32    22
   20:  132    36
   15:   47    23
   10:   37    16
-------------------
Total:  258   105  Total Score = 27,090

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: ORANGE CRUSH 2

Comments:

Rig: Kenwood TS590s
Antenna: A3S @ 40ft - 2 Half Waves in Phase @ 38ft
Total op time: 4 hrs

Not much time this weekend.  Then the thunderstorms hit.

Was originally going to use the Tampa ARC remote Flex with its big tall
antennas.  Unfortunately, the internet hosting location for the Tampa HamWAN had
an emergency power switch problem that required them to power down the facility
for the replacement of the failed part.  HamWAN is not on their UPS, so when the
power went away, a few minutes later, the HamWAN UPS shut down and the whole
system was down until 1:30AM Sunday!

So, used my station and the secondary radio for this test. The DVK that I
recorded was incompatible with the K3/microHAM DVK environment, so the Kenwood
was quick and easy, so used it.

Missed most of the 10 meter opening.  By the time I got on the air, it was the
tail end of it, but it was so nice having 10 and 15 functional, as the high
bands are my strength here.

Could have used the big TARC 40m beam... My wire just doesn't compare!

But fun was had anyway!  Thanks for all the points!

Lu W4LT