[3830] WWDigi K7HKR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi K7HKR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 15:00:16 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2020

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0     0
   80:   50    15
   40:  157    27
   20:   79    17
   15:    4     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  290    62  Total Score = 27,962

Club:

Comments:

15/10: 2el Yagi at 20ft (adjustable elements, no QSOs on 10)
20: 2el coil-loaded Yagi (half-length elements; swapped with 15/10 elements to
change bands)
40/80: 6ft diameter loop
IC-7100, WSJT-X, 90W, from AZ

What a contest!  Great turnout and there really wasn't any time when there was
nobody to try to work.  I easily shattered my personal record for most QSOs in a
contest.

FT4 was the place to be during the day, and FT8 at night.  Thanks to 40, FT8 won
out, 151 QSOs to 139.  More than a third of my QSOs were from calling CQ.  Best
rates ever (both on 40 FT4): 18 QSOs in 22 minutes, 28 in 41 minutes.  This is
the first time in my 4 years on the air in something like 40 significant
contests where I've really felt like I had some control over my results.

Unfortunately, not a lot of DX and I only averaged 1.6 pts per QSO; it certainly
helped that FM and FN grids are 3000+ km away.  The highlight was getting deep
enough into VK-land to get two 6pt QSOs; I sure don't work 15000+ km regularly!
Did not work EU at all, but other than the miracle after-dark opening on 20m
during IARU HF last month, that's par for the course.  Thanks everyone, looking
forward to next year!