[3830] WWDigi K3WJV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi K3WJV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 21:16:21 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:   91    21
   40:  117    27
   20:  110    23
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  318    71  Total Score = 38,340

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I just got set up for these FT modes during the week and it was all very new for
me.  I had a couple days to work stuff and see what its all about so I have gone
over to the dark side.  I was one of the last of my gang to take the trip.  I
didn't tell anybody and waited until somebody worked or decoded me.  Being as
its a new experience it was fun but I'm sure the excitement will wear off, hi.

I worked a lot of USA before I realized I better work more than 1 & 2
pointers.  I worked the KS QP during the same time and its not real convenient
to switch back & forth like that normally is.  I used the kpa1500 and the K3
and had to turn the shack a/c on a few times to make it more comfy for me and
the dogs as the two of them both have dog beds in the shack.  At one point my
toy poodle went in the living room and thats when I said a/c time.  She came
back after it cooled down.  The kpa throws a lot of heat out even though I only
ran 400 to 500 watts.  Nice in the winter though.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger