[3830] KsQP K8TE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8TE.Bill.Mader@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP K8TE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 22:04:02 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    7
   40:  101     87
   20:   22      9
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  130     96      0  Mults = 76  Total Score = 40,632

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

More fun in another State QSO Party!  I wasn’t expecting much after the CHHSS
hit, but propagation was “acceptable” for the current solar cycle transition
despite increased absorption.  It was interesting to read about some ops not
finding KS stations.  While there are never enough, or so it seems, I kept
plenty busy chasing them, especially the mobiles who provided so many
contacts—thanks!

There were enough S&P ops from KS to make running from out-of-State barely
effective.  I managed to have some S&P “runs” around two QSO’s/minute
and even at least one 10-minute slot approaching 60/hour.  That helps push the
despair from the long, empty spots in the log without callers or new stations to
work into the recesses of my aging memory.  For a State QSO Party, this one
makes the time worthwhile and I look forward to next year!  Maybe I’ll be able
to hear and work more 20m stations then?  20m made up only 31 of my 226
contacts, not surprising since my NM location is about 500 miles from central
KS.

As an experienced County Hunter, Butch, WY0A, who operated as K0O, provided 21
of my contacts—thanks!  I missed a few since my “friend” lightning showed
up again “providing” four hours of unwanted off-time.  So, this will keep me
“in the game” for the Challenge.  Next weekend I will likely hear few to no
CO stations in their QSO Party on 20m.  I hope they all spend some time on 40m
and 80/75m, despite the QRN.

Try taking a new or maybe reluctant contester under your wing.  Explain the
concept of brevity to prevent repeating anything without being asked.  Help him
or her use a CW or voice memory and especially an electronic logger.
Demonstrate how much fun contesting can be and turn the rig over to them.  Good
luck in the contest and stay safe!  73, Bill, K8TE