[3830] TnQP K8TE/5 SO FixedMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8TE.Bill.Mader@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP K8TE/5 SO FixedMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 03:05:53 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2020

Call: K8TE/5
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: SO FixedMixed HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:
   80:   14                    11
   40:   65      7             36
   20:   55     19             31
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

It’s interesting to note that while farther away, I managed to make more
contacts with TN ops than CO!  Of course, 20m was the most productive band from
NM, especially with my low dipoles.  Fortunately, the thunderstorms stayed away
so when 40m opened up, I could take advantage of it, at least on CW.  40m
didn’t fall far behind 20m in points for me.

It’s obvious the TCG was engaged with this event!  Their members, especially
K4TCG, had big signals here.  I could hear them working EU when the contest
started.  With no solar storm, conditions were as good as expected.  Thanks to
all who provided me contacts!  The only complaint I have is some ops didn’t ID
for as many as six to ten QSO’s making me wonder if I needed to stay and work
them.  It seems once every three or four would be helpful.

Obviously, not everyone is using electronic loggers.  One op called me again,
just three minutes after our previous QSO!  A bunch of ops called me and then
asked for my call.  Why would anyone call a station when they couldn’t get the
callsign?  We have a lot of mentoring to do!  I used K8TE/5 and “New Mexico”
on SSB, but still had numerous callers from outside TN.  I guess I need to add
“I am not in TN” to my CQ’s.

I had an ARES net to attend, so I thought I missed the last 30 minutes.  Instead
I missed about an hour since I had the end time wrong in my head!  I saw several
spots on 80m put a few more contacts into the log.  See you next year, or in the
next QSO party!  73, Bill, K8TE K3/KPA1500/Low Dipoles