[3830] TnQP K4VBM SO FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ptcorners@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP K4VBM SO FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 05:01:43 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4VBM
Operator(s): K4VBM
Station: K4VBM

Class: SO FixedMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   15     12             19
   40:    3      2              4
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:   18     14      0      23  Total Score = 2,608

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Being so close to TN, the daytime QSOs are always tough and few.
Dusk means 80m comes alive, and that is where most QSOs for me
happen.  And snagging that bonus station sure helps your score!
Phone and CW QSOs about even with CW the winner.

But this year, with around 1 hour left in the contest, the SWR
went crazy on my loop with the auto-tuner unable to tune - I
tried another tuner, but no luck. My best guess is that the
antenna wire broke, but it was dark and I won't know for sure until tomorrow
under daylight conditions.  The dipole no longer tunes for 40 and 80m due to
feedline changes I made, so for me, the contest ended early (wasn't worth the
effort to rig up a Little Tarheel 2 or an Outbacker whip in a tripod).
Still, the best score I ever had for this one.  And the first time
my antenna failed during an actual contest.  Still thankful for
the great fun!  Got some antenna work to do before next weekend hi hi!