[3830] AlQP KC4HW Mobile Solo OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@kc4hw.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP KC4HW Mobile Solo OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 18:59:13 +0000
                    Alabama QSO Party - 2020

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Mobile Solo OpCW LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): LOTS

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  201     0  CW Mults = 37  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 14,874

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to all for the QSOs and supporting the Alabama QSO Party!  Worked DL3DXX,
WN4AFP and several others in most counties.  Thanks for following me around.

Single Op NO driver, Operating from Covington, Escambia, Conecuh, Monroe,
Clarke, Wilcox, Bulter and Crenshaw.  Bouncing back and forth between 20m and
40m.

First time operating with an IC-7000, Tarheel antenna with controller in a Ford
F-250.  Had some trouble getting the RFI solved.  Every time I tried TX on 40m
the radio would power off.  But used some Ferrite Cores on the DC power cord,
antenna coax, separation cable and the antenna controller dc cord.  That pretty
much cleared most of it up. Just a little noise from the engine.  Perhaps a DC
line filter will help solve that problem.

I did notice that the radio output was down when the truck was not running.  So
I just never shut it off except a few time when I was out of the truck.  While
running it was no problem.

All and all, everything seemed to go pretty well considering that I was the last
minute getting everything put together.

Congratulations to all the folks putting this on!

Jim/KC4HW