[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WD6T Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF WD6T Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 02:03:00 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  38     10  Total Score = 420

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very casual.

Put up a new 6m loop above my tri-bander at around 35' or so.  Seems to work ok
and got rid of my RFI problems, as my previous antenna was 10 feet lower,
causing havoc in the house.

As for how it plays, there wasn't much propagation this weekend to do a proper
test.  Or at least not when I was QRV, which was Sat. morning and periodically
Sunday day.

Only one brief opening to AZ (FT8) at 18:11z on Sat.

Breakdown:
   6m phone 4 ; CW 1 ; FT8 25
   2m phone 3
 70cm phone 3

Given that most FT8 Qs were local, they could just as well have been made on CW
if there had been more activity there.  Maybe ARRL should increase the number of
points for CW/phone  versus FT8 and make it so you can work the same guy 3x on
the same band on the different modes. This contest needs more activity and that
would triple it.