[3830] ARRL Sep VHF NF2RS/R(@K2QO) Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2qo@mac.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF NF2RS/R(@K2QO) Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:58:25 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  533   111  Total Score = 70,707

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

We did the usual run from FN31 in CT back to FN02 hear home and despite the
great activity level in the contest we just missed our all time best score in
this contest from 2016. The problem? The Elecraft 222 transverter was down 30+
dB in gain. I'm not sure how it got blown up, but we could only hear the very
strongest of local signals and it cost about 20,000 points which would have
really helped us demolish the old best score. Oh well, Murphy had to show up at
some point. And of the 2 active devices in the front end is so small I can
barely see the solder pads. Fun, wow!

On a trip east two weeks ago, my rover partner K2ZR found a new spot in FN32
that really BLEW AWAY the old spot we had on the Taconic Parkway.

This rove was also the first time that the 2m station had NO QRM from the other
bands. I thought this was a bit odd and when I dismantled everything yesterday I
noticed that I never connected the single point equipment ground to the SUV
body. Hmmmmm....

And one last Murphy to get fixed is the log. The logging window is showing me
550 Qs but the Score window is only showing 533 and I know for sure there are
only 4 dupes in the log. I'm sure the ARRL Robot will sort it out properly.

73,
Mark K2QO