[3830] 144FallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 01:56:33 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.25

Total:  QSOs = 90  Mults = 32  Total Score = 2,880

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Noise is so severe on 2M in the evening at my QTH it makes rx a torturous event.
I nearly gave up after 15 minutes realizing that the noise was in all
directions, albeit slightly better to the NE. I know a number of stations were
copying me that I could not copy - my apologies. I hung with it with a few
breaks but it sure was frustrating.  Looking forward to 222 and 432 where I can
actually hear!

I saw that stations to my SW were working into the Southeast. I checked the APRS
map several times and saw nothing nor did I hr any DX for much of the sprint. I
was pleasantly surprised later to see K4LY over 600 miles away decoding on FT8.
Later worked NU4E also in EM85 who was then in for quite awhile. Nice surprise
to have N4SVC call on FT8 when I hadn't expected any enhancement. Later I copied
WB4OMG in EL98 but my noise got the best of him....sigh. I could see on PSK
Reporter that several stations in the SE were copying me fairly well but alas
assume they couldn't overcome my high noise levels.

Anyway tnx to the sponsors and for the Q's. See you on 222 next week!

Jeff K1TEO