[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W9GA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W9GA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 21:19:30 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  179    83  Total Score = 15,853

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Part time effort, operated about half the available window.  Found that the
recent storms and wind pulled the 432 cable from the antenna off the masthead
preamp, so NO 432 (which is used for coordinating other UHF band jumping). Did
not have luck on 1296, which means I will have to bring down the roof mounted
stack and redo.  Not easy any more with bad arthritis.

Activity level here in WI  seems to be fading, worked a few locals on FT8, but
more of the contacts were out 150-400 mi.  Also found we were sort of on the
edge of some tropo to the south on saturday, and on the edge of some tropo east
on sunday; but not enough to run up the Q count. (worked a rover on 2M in
Arkansas on satuday, where was everybody down there?) I spent most of the op
time on FT8 (and some MSK144) and little on SSB/CW, missed many locals on the
higher bands.