[3830] CQ WW RTTY NR4O SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr40@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY NR4O SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 01:08:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

   80:  228       45      20     9
   40:  519       51      43    16
   20:  310       36      50    16
   15:   25        5      11    11
   10:
------------------------------------
Total: 1082      137     124    52  Total Score = 544,933

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My best score so far for this contest by 60 Q's and almost 48K points.  Spent 30
minutes more BIC time, but I had a few less than 60 minute breaks.

40M was the big band for me accounting for almost half of my total Q's.  I am
still struggling on 20M.  My relatively low quad loop antenna just doesn't
compete very well.  I did use a 20M dipole part of the time and found that
seemed to work a little better.  I still get very frustrated during the day when
I should have much better rates.

I also discovered I have a problem with 15M antenna and a bandpass filter.
Radio #2 filter has a high SWR only on 15M.  Found my Inv-L with tuner played
better than my 15M loop antenna.  But, discovered this Sunday afternoon.  I was
wondering why I had so much trouble making Q's on 15M.  I've got some work to do
here.

I did get my 80M dipole back up after its support tree fell end of July.  So,
that made things better in the late hours.

Overall, I was reasonably happy with how things turned out.  I really didn't
work enough 3 pointers even though my country total was up by 10 from last year.
 Zones were down 2 and states/provinces down by 5 mostly due to 15M and 10M
being  poor for me this year.

Highlight for the contest was working an ATNO, Saudi Arabia(HZ1TT) on 40M in the
last hour on my first call.

It was fun watching the online scoreboard during the contest. It was good
motivation to keep up the pace particularly in the first 12 hours of the
contest.  I felt good when I took my first sleep break.  Woke up to find myself
quite a bit down the list.  The rest of the contest was just trying not to lose
significant ground.  Maybe next year I'll skip the sleep breaks.  I think I
missed some zones and countries while sleeping through our local sunrise.

It was another fun contest.  Thanks for all those Q's and the spots really gave
the rates a noticeable jolt.  Look for you next time.

73,
Eric - NR4O

Flex-6600 w/SPE 1.3K and TL-922 amps
Antennas: Dipoles, Loops & Inv-L