[3830] CQ WW RTTY WB0TEV SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WB0TEV SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 01:10:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24:54

   80:  180       41      14    12
   40:  318       49      40    17
   20:  212       39      48    18
   15:   37        2      18    12
   10:    4        0       3     3
------------------------------------
Total:  751      131     123    62  Total Score = 352,972

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Engage RANT mode....

Usually I'd be down in Belize for this contest, operating as V31VP. But this is
2020, the year from hell and so I couldn't do that for two reasons.  One of
course is the corona virus pandemic, and the other is that the station I rent at
V31HQ/V31DL burned to the ground in March.  See:
https://www.qrz.com/db/v31hq

Saturday was the pits.  I'd spent a lot of time outdoors Friday apparently
inhaling lots of ragweed pollen.  This vile weed, designed I'm convinced by
Satan himself, has spiked pollen grains that look rather like a corona virus and
for those of us who are allergic to such, it opens the floodgates of snot in
ones sinuses.  I was blowing my nose about every 3 QSOs for hours.  That'll
teach me to forget to start shooting the steroid nasal spray up my schnoz on a
daily basis starting Labor Day.
Propagation wasn't much better.  I think the ionosphere had some head congestion
as well.  Good thing this wasn't a voice contest.

I slept in Sunday morning, missing much of what opening to EU was to be had, but
the extra rest and medication helped to pacify the raging histamine storm in my
head.

RANT mode off...
My focus this year wasn't to run up a big score, (the allergy attack would have
taken the wind out of those sails anyway) so I concentrated on chasing down
multipliers and focusing on the low bands where I could put my newly erected
pair of reversible beverages to work. (The BevFlex 4X system designed by W8GNM
and manufactured by United Microsystems is pretty awesome.)  Managed to work
Zone 30 on 80 meters from here in Texas, so that was nice.

Rig: TS-590SG  Amp: Dentron MLA2500  Software: N1MM+
TX Antennas: Mosley PRO-67B (40/20/15/10) at 63 ft. Inverted Vee (80m) at 60
feet.
RX Antennas: 600 ft reversible Beverage (40°/220°)
             720 ft reversible Beverage (315°/135°)