[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7XC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7XC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 02:30:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: N NV - DM09jh
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   0        0       0     0
   40:   0        0       0     0
   20:  49       18      16    14
   15:  12        2      10     9
   10:   1        1       0     1
-----------------------------------
Total:  62       21      27    24  Total Score = 8,928

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't feel well week before the contest so the refurbished 40 yr old Frizel
Beam FB33 tribander wasn't installed in time for the start. Managed to overcome
my back pain to mount the antenna on a T2X atop my AB-577 Heavy Duty Mil Surplus
Portable at its initial height of 10ft. Initial testing showed it to be
performing well so I raised it to 13ft and locked it down. The new to me T2X
worked perfectly so with the antenna at a height of 13 ft, I began making 100W
contacts in the CQ WW DX RTTY contest Saturday afternoon. It was amazing who I
could work barefoot with the tribander so low to the ground. Sunday Morning my
Lady Rose helped me raise it to 23 ft tall which we locked it down as we both
were plenty sore by this point. With 50 minutes left in the contest I went back
to 20M and managed to run a few JA's with a single BG4 showing up to brighten
the weekend. 15M was a surprise Saturday with many Caribbean/SA stations in the
log, incl VK, ZL, & KH6. 15M wasn't as good Sunday. Never heard a peep on
10M but was busy either working on the antenna or sleeping. When you turn 61
things once simple and quick take forever to accomplish. Still I am happy to be
QRV again and soon will have the mast/rotor up to 48ft again and then hang the
40/80m inv vee and 160M inv L back up again. have a 3 ele 15m yagi at 22 ft to
remove and put up a 17/12m dual band dipole in its place. so all in all I am
quite happy with my small score using only 90W a low antenna while testing. I
love this contest and sad I missed the core of it but I am learning to lower my
expectations as I grow older. 73s from Northern NV de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk.
Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!