[3830] CQ WW RTTY AB1J SO(A)SB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AB1J SO(A)SB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:27:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO(A)SB40 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 22:30

   80:
   40:  423      48      43    15
   20:
   15:    6       1       6     5
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  423      48      43    15  Total Score = 64,554

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This sort of deteriorated into a domestic contest. It started out with a Kp of
4, then up to 5 and dropping down to 2 before working its way up to 6 at
contest's end, a wild ride. Whoo-ee! It was difficult for me to find workable
EUs. Working NA still moved things along, but with the low points my score piled
up slowly.

The RBN skimmers did their job up to 7100 kHz.  I wasn't sure what to do after
that. ;-)

I realigned my decoders, dropping the wide MMTTY I've used for years and
sticking to the narrow MMTTY, 2Tone and GRITTY. Only three things to watch and
they cover the waterfront. I'll experiment with the wide profile to see if I can
improve it. There are many options to fiddle with.

One problem QSO was someone who got my call as B1J and hated to give it up.
After many repeats, he finally got it as AB7J and after a few more finally got
AB1J. A trail of tears for him.  China, then maybe something exotic out west and
then MA. Bummer.

I'm pretty much used to busted characters and know what to look for. In this
contest there were lots of "-?1J", one bit busts of A and B. I don't
know why there were so many of this particular one this time. Usually I get more
of a variety pack. I have an Excel file where I list all the ITA2 codes and
their one and two bit busts along with all the common busts of my call. OCD is
alive and well in my neighborhood, but it does help me figure out if the other
guy got my call correct even if it printed wrong coming back to me.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  MMTTY(narrow)  2Tone(Selective)  GRITTY(CQWW)
40m outdoor 66' stealth wire, Dentron manual tuner and indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog