[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:23:55 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 30

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP21SA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   3
   40:  18
   20:  12
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  33  Mults = 31  Total Score = 1,023

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

After many days of heavy Aurora, the more regular
conditions are creeping back to the bands. The skip
was long on 14 MHz skipping over all of Germany to
Switzerland: the closest range with solid signals.
G4DRS was the only and booming signal from the U.K.

On 7 MHz the range was shorter but it was difficult
to reach the callers with LP. However CR6K was much
stronger than on 14 MHz. The best direction was DL
PA SM6/7-area for signal strength on my low sloper
wire. The internal tuner of the IC-736 had problems
keeping a match on 14 MHz after changing the VFO-dial
while I had preset the external tuner (MF-986) on 7 MHz
for a quick band change. The lower SWR 3.5 MHz did not
create any problems with the internal tuner. N1MM+ did
not accept a band change without closing it down, and
while running it stand-alone, with the rig CAT-less.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856