[3830] 222FallSprnt W9KXI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aoldfiel@stny.rr.com
Subject: [3830] 222FallSprnt W9KXI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 17:19:22 +0000
                    222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: W9KXI
Operator(s): W9KXI
Station: W9KXI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Club:

Comments:

Interesting (strange?) conditions last night.  My normal beam heading for K1WHS
is 75 degrees, last night his signal peaked with a beam heading of 93 degrees.
My normal beam heading for WZ1V is 104 degrees, last night it was...135 degrees.
 For both of them, if I moved off the "peaked" beam heading, their
signal was gone.  I attribute this to weather.

17 Q's all SSB for me but two of those 17 chose to use CW to work me.  10
Grids.
Set up here: FT-847->Q5 Signal transverter-> LA-135 amplifier @ 1KW->15
element Yagi at 35 feet.  In addition, I have an SSB Electronics preamp at the
base of the tower.

Due to family obligations, I could only be on for two hours.

Thanks to the sponsor of the event.
Al - W9KXI
FN12ne