[3830] 222FallSprnt N0URW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222FallSprnt N0URW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 02:53:25 +0000
                    222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: N0URW
Operator(s): N0URW
Station: N0URW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IOWA
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Club:

Comments:

Been working on the rebuild since the Derecho (inland hurricane) hit in August.
All antennas and rotators damaged or destroyed. All my towers were ok. Put up a
newly built home brew 33 foot yagi for 222 just for this test. Started out
calling cq on SSB. 20 minutes of no replies. Switched to FT8, 15 minutes of
still no replies. Back to SSB for what seemed forever until finally making
contact to station in EN51. Signals sounded great, so why isn't there more on
for this. Call some more but nothing heard. Went back to FT8. Another 15 minutes
of nothing. Went back to SSB, just listened for 10 minutes in all directions.
Heard no one calling CQ. Started calling and made 2nd contact to EN52. Again the
signals were very good. Continued but got no more replies. Switched to FT8 and
just let it go while turning the beam in all directions. More Nothing.. Decided
to go back to SSB one last time. Started calling in all directions, Checked the
ON4 website. Saw I was being heard in EN53. Pointed beam back that way and made
my 3rd contact. 2 hours and only 3 contacts. You would think a Kw and a 33 foot
long yagi at 60 feet would do better. Guess out of the 12 possible contacts I
could get,, only 3 were on for this one.
Building my 432 yagi now. Will be on for the 432 sprint. Hope more get on for
it.
Setup, Icom 7300 to DEMI HP 222 transverter to 1Kw tube amp to 33 foot long yagi
at 60 feet.  May we meet again, 73 N0URW