[3830] CaQP K3WJV SO(A)Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K3WJV SO(A)Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 23:59:02 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

  160:    1
   80:   65
   40:  105     33
   20:  172    226
   15:   15      4
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was so close to a sweep. I went into Sunday needing 2 counties. On the end of
my only Sunday run I was getting ready to quit but my internet went down so
since I didn't have any spots to chase I kept running longer than I planned. The
next to the last Qso was Merced County leaving me Kings to sweep. I looked at
the planned activity and saw that K6AQL had Kings planned for Saturday so I
guess I missed my chance. I need to start putting the mobiles in memory to look
at their freqs from time to time. Since K6AQL was adding the county to the
portable designator it didn't get spotted by the cluster I was using and I never
knew where he was on Saturday.  Last year I missed Trinity county.

I only ran for about 30 minutes on Saturday (51 Q's) and just over an hour on
Sunday (75 Q's).  I can only take so much ssb, hi.  Couldn't do much on 160 with
my crappy antenna and managed 1 Qso with several spots available. Had lots of
fun.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger