[3830] CaQP WA7BNM/6 SOFixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP WA7BNM/6 SOFixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 02:57:37 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: WA7BNM/6
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM/6

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: S.Calif
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:   46
   20:   84     6
   15:    8
   10:    1
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  139     6  Mults = 49  Total Score = 21,021

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to enter the CQP in the QRP category where having one of the longest
call signs (WA7BNM/6) in the contest would have the least impact. However, after
making only 14 Qs in the first two hours, I almost decided to watch football or
turn the power up to 100W. Luckily, after lunch the rate increased from crawling
to walking. Unlike most of my recent contest efforts, about 90% of the Qs in
this one were the result of CQing.

I had originally intended to use an Elecraft KX3, but after discovering that
interfacing it for computer-generated CW was more complicated that with more
modern radios, I used my IC-7610 and turned the power down to 5W.

Operated from the start of the contest until 0130Z before going QRT, with a
couple of breaks.

Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft
Antenna: Optibeam OB16-3 at 50 ft
Simple A/B switch