[3830] CaQP K4BAI SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@aatt.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K4BAI SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 14:18:37 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:18

  160:    0      0
   80:   60      0
   40:  101     35
   20:  143     93
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the activity and effort by the CA stations.  Never heard any
stations (at all from anywhere) on 15M, so didn't listen to 10M. A big contrast
from last year when I made many QSOs on 15M.  Saturday afternoon, I experienced
the worst, loudest, power line noise I have ever heard in my home station
location.  It made running on 20M impossible, so I didn't try. Worked all I
could hear through the din.  Sunday, it was as quiet as ever.  That is good and
bad.  Good in that I could operate with pleasure and run on 20M Sunday. Bad in
that it is hard to locate a problem that is intermittent like that so that it
can be fixed.  The last hour, the WinKeyer went crazy and I had a very hard time
sending the serial numbers with the paddle and it was impossible from the F
keys. At first I thought it was RFI, but it was the same even at 5W.  My
apologies to those I confused about the serial numbers in the last hour.
Afterward, I rebooted the WinKeyer and that solved the problem.  Still have some
RFI problems on 20M, especially with the beam west.  Thanks for all the QSOs.
80M seemed better than usual.  40M was fairly good.  20M varied from very good
to lousy and closed early.  73, John, K4BAI.
Am home today QRX for FedEx delivery of wine from past CQPs.