[3830] Makrothen RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) MO/Multi Xcvr HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.tate@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) MO/Multi Xcvr HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:32:01 +0000
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM K6AW WD6T N6RO W9KKN
Station: N6RO

Class: MO/Multi Xcvr HP
QTH: Oakley CA CM97
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

------------
   80:  109
   40:  272
   20:  443
   15:  110
   10:    0
------------
Total:  934  Total Score = 5,599,040

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First thanks to PL-259 for keeping this contest going!  Its distance based
program gives us a fighting chance to show our stuff from north W6.

Our team was tired after several weeks of major contesting, but we were able to
rally enough ops to power through this.  although multi-multi class, we
basically did the entire test with 1 SO2R Flex system and 1 SO1V k3 system at
any one time.  For instance the contest kickoff 3.5 hs was me SO2R on a
flex/pgxl 2bsiq.  This was a complete REMOTE effort for the team with the
exception of Ken N6RO who did some good work on low bands early Sunday kicking
off the last heat.

Band operator breakdown
15 - Op N6WM
20 - Split between K6AW (half by K6AW), the rest split between N6WM and WD6T -
Great Eu run by Dave at end of 3rd heat really boosted score!
40 - Split between the entire team most qso by N6WM, entire team needed to power
through
80 - N6WM, N6RO and a few from W9KKN on this band.

Thanks to the gang for your work, Ken for the use of the station, and to the
Online scoreboard that is GREAT and a great motivator.. there were some real
horse races for sure.

Participation in asia pac was kind of weak, prob b/c oceania dx test, we got JA
and YBs in log, just not the volume we would like to see.  Domestic
participation was a bit anemic as well, Eu seemed to be out in force once we got
our foot in that door from California.  Could use a bit more participation from
CA/SA also..

Was a great time, had fun.. and we are happy with the effort. thanks to NJ4P
team for keeping us on our toes.

73 and seeya next time
For the N6WM@N6RO Makrothen team
Chris