[3830] Oceania CW WD6T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW WD6T SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 18:24:54 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:   1      1
   80:   1      1
   40:  32     16
   20:  10      9
   15:  11      8
   10:
-------------------
Total:  55     35  Total Score = 7,770

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First time in this contest.  I was very curious to see how my small home station
would play, as I have a downslope to the southeast.  However, conditions seemed
unusually poor to OC...even KH6 was not loud. (In contrast, several EU stations
were booming in to 40m at 0000z, much louder than any OC.)  Was a bit
disappointed that I often lost out in pileups even to stations east of the
Rockies. Many stations others were working were inaudible to me. Decided not to
stay up all night, given the conditions. The next day, checked into 20m and 15m
periodically, with only limited luck.  Never heard any of the spotted YBs on 20
or 15.  Oddly, 15m seemed better than 20m.

I heard KA6BIM ask KH6CJJ to move to 160 and I followed and got him there. He
was also my only 80m contact. I heard a VK on 160 but he didn't hear me.

I look forward to trying this contest again when conditions improve.

IC7610 + PW1
KT34A tribander
HF2V 40/80 vertical
160m half sloper