[3830] PaQP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 19:21:34 +0000
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 13.1

  160:   24      2
   80:   78    209
   40:   24      5
   20:   15      4
   15:    3
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  144    220      0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 35,928

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 2400 bonus points, 1600 K3MJW and 800 W8XK.

It is pretty difficult to compete in the PA QSO Party with almost no direct skip
F2 propagation on 40M; only K3WJV was briefly loud here on 40 CW. That said if
you had only one band 80/75 would be the best choice. Even in mid day, I could
work most of PA pretty easily; by 2030Z and later, signals were loud for the
most part. I can see a mountain Franklin County from my QTH, pretty close!

The QSO's/runs came pretty easy on 75M. I never could run many on 80 CW until
late Sunday when a few called, and the same guys seemed to hang out on 80 CW. At
times K8MR/M was not readable here on 80/75. I needed about 10 counties when I
started Sunday AM. The last 4 were CLE, BRA, LAW, and MTR all on 75M between
1907 and 2026Z (I took a 45 minute break during that time, too). I never worked
Jefferson (ironic since I live in Jefferson Co, WV), did hear one working
someone else. It was amazing to work 3 stations in Lawrence within 4 QSO's (
N3WH, K8MR/M, and was called by K3LA!) after everyone was buzzing about needing
that county.

The 40-15M Q's except for that one on 40 were either locals or on backscatter,
some tough work on both ends of the QSO. Thanks to the mobiles & rovers for
some good efforts, but I did not hear all of them for some long stretches. K8MR,
N2CU, K0BAK, and K8RYU all added nicely to my the score. K8RYU/JUN was my first
Q, and I don't think I worked Juniata again. And thanks to all who stopped by
for a QSO, quite a few with serial numbers less than 10. I also worked about
80-85 QSO's in the other QSO parties during the PAQP, a tough juggling act which
cost some Q's. But I think I pushed 75M about as hard as I could.

73, Jeff N8II