[3830] CWopsT K3GHH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K3GHH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 14:17:41 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 14

Call: K3GHH
Operator(s): K3GHH
Station: K3GHH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:  25
   40:  19
   20:  18
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  62  Mults = 59  Total Score = 3,658

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Whew, the amplifier DOES make a difference! And an antenna that is more than 10'
high and not buried in trees. The Orion II, Expert 2K-FA, Palstar AT-4K, and
HF9-V worked perfectly (well, I mean as well as they did before my long absence)
when I got them plugged in and hooked up.

I can get 1500w on 80 using the Palstar manual tuner, and 1500w on 20 using the
amp's internal ATU, but couldn't get over 450w out on 40 without the amplifier
squeeking or chirping. I anticipated a few /2 's, programmed into N1MMs, but
didn't get a single one.

Nice to work Rob on 40, my New Orleans friend Chuck on 20, and several
Europeans. It's good to be home... uuh, I guess... but four months at the camp
sure was nice.

---73, guys... John K3GHH (no /2 for a while)