[3830] TBDC VA1RST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, burch.craft@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VA1RST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 18:37:53 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Halifax NS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:24

Total:  QSOs = 269  Total Score = 1,609

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Tnx for the Q's! I worked on my K2AV before this contest by increasing the
vertical section from 39' to 46'. I was pleased with the outcome. Having to
switch antennas (200' BOG vs SAL-20 vs K2AV FCP)on RX for best signal to noise
takes time and while running it is easy to get behind...so thanks for your
patience as I adjusted to pull your signal out of the noise.
The SunSDRPro2 works like a charm filtering and enhancing signals as needed. The
LA-1K loafed along at 750 watts and the QSK-2500 performed flawlessly.
Nova Scotia is a great QTH for this contest.  West coast was sparse, did manage
to work Mitch K7LR for the only NW US station. Lots of EU, except for WAG going
on DL land was scarce.
Now to tackle converting the SAL-20 to the SAL-30, need more 'ears'!!
see you in the next one, 73, Roger VA1RST