[3830] IlQP WB8WKQ Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP WB8WKQ Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 02:52:27 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2020

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      1
   80:     59       32
   40:     66      122
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    126      154  Mults = 83  Total Score = 33,698

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Its kind of amazing what "creatures of habit" we are (well at least
me).  This year 280 Q's, two years ago 298 Q's and three years ago 289 Q's.  So
pretty close in total of Q's from each of the years.  I was down a bit on mults
this year, but I wasn't looking for them, just for the Q's for the QP Challenge.
 I made a bit of a mistake by trying to make 80/75M work too early.  I should
have stuck with my money band (40M) longer.  I could have learned from my two
previous attempts at this contest, that 80/75 just doesn't have the activity
that 40 does. Not sure why that is. My proximity to Illinois makes me thing that
I'll clean up on 80/75 and maybe 160.  Not the case at all.  160 was
non-existent.  20 was just too close and didn't seem that I was even going to
make ground wave work there.  It's the final QP Challenge party, and after doing
NY on Saturday, I'm truly ready for a break.  But this has been fun to
participate in each one.  Many thanks to the mobiles and portables who made
things real interesting.