[3830] IlQP DL3DXX(@DR1A) Non-IL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP DL3DXX(@DR1A) Non-IL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:32:59 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2020

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DR1A

Class: Non-IL HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     48
   40:     89
   20:     68
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    205       0  Mults = 71  Total Score = 29,110

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

As many others I cannot travel because of Covid 19 so I use my holidays
to help building up the new club house of DR1A guys. Was able to run the
QSO party from their big contest station however 160m is not working
right now, but 80/40/20 are OK.
The first hour ended with 51 CW QSOs but the following hour 20m closed
after 5 QSOs. Means I missed all the following counties of the mobiles
before 40m opened.
After an hour or so the band came back a little bit but never to
full strength. Lucky south when I read the comments of OM2VL...
40m conds were quite OK and also 80m but the inter-US-QSOs
on 80m made it extreme difficult to break the pileups even with the
big gun station DR1A. The last hour IL signals on 80m became very
loud and it was a bit easier to work them. A pity that the
party ended at 01:00 UT as there were just a number more to work.
Many thanks for a great party to organizers, participants and last
not least the portable and mobile stations.