[3830] IlQP N8II Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP N8II Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 00:12:09 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.1

  160:
   80:     70       20
   40:     96      104
   20:      1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    167      124  Mults = 82  Total Score = 37,556

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The long QSO Party journey has come to an end, somewhat mercifully considering
we are still barely past the bottom of the cycle and endured some really poor
band conditions fighting long skip zones way too often. Last year, there was
some 20M prop into IL for an hour; this year even the scatter signals were
weak.

Activity built slowly on 40, no big first hour here. Overall, making 200 40M Q's
was better than expected. I missed the first 15 minutes and doubt if it cost me
more than a couple of Q's. Thanks to the mobiles, rovers, and portables on those
county lines; many of the portables were as weak or weaker than the mobiles.
Mobiles who showed on 80M were good copy here. I made quite a few Q's with AD4EB
and N9C, thanks! And thanks to Jim, N9JF for organizing the QP and checking
logs.

IL being SMC country, I was pretty shocked at the lack of 75M phone activity and
not being able to find one station on 160. The OH and PA ops took good advantage
of 160 in their parties.

Congrats to all of the State QSO Party Challenge participants for greatly
increasing activity and interest in QP's. There were 32 ops so far reporting
activity in all 46 QP's, and 96 who met the 50K score threshold for the diamond
award. Congrats to Rich, N0HJZ for making the most out of his Hamstick mobile
operations doing by far the best with LP, and Mark, K1RO for highest score
operating from his home station only.

73, Jeff