[3830] CQWW SSB K4GIG(@KI4KWR) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KI4KWR@gigaparts.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4GIG(@KI4KWR) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 17:08:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K4GIG
Operator(s): KI4KWR KK9W KN4JJA
Station: KI4KWR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Madison AL
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    4     2        1
   80:   25     9        9
   40:   52     8       18
   20:   52    11       15
   15:   90    12       24
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Location:  Madison, AL
Radios: ICOM IC-7300
Amplifier: Ameritron ALS-600
Club: GigaParts Amateur Radio Club / Alabama Contest Group
Logging Software: N1MM+
TX Antenna: RadioWavz DX80SHPL | Cushcraft MA160V | Hustler 6BTV

        K4GIG (GigaParts ARC)from the KI4KWR/KN4JJA Compound off County Line
Road in
Madison, AL.

Friday Night:   20/40/80m were the main focus and with noise floor from rain in
the area we worked who we could and enjoy the time in the seat. 160m vertical
got some heat appiled into the late evening/early morning and impressed even
though SWR is low around 1860 right now but made contacts so I was satisifed.

Saturday:       Once daylight was present though wx here has been a problem with
working more Q's we never gave up.
15m/20m were the main bands all day and worked who we could on this postage
stamp property. Something we noticed and no doubt wx related was any storm to
the south gave us Canada and NE US contacts. Into the evening once the storm was
to the Mid-Atlantic region we were focused on finishing strong on 20/40/80m and
we did. We did work Alaska and Hawaii with ease in the afternoon so that ensured
me the antennas work even in mixed conditions.

Sunday:         15m opened up nicely at 1200Z and worked a few before finishing
up at
1700z.

Observations:   The 4 call area was desperate for Q's at one point on Saturday
that several thought if you screamed into your mic you could bust thru the
pile-ups...well did not work for them.

73,
Steve KI4KWR
GigaParts ARC / Alabama Contest Group