[3830] CQWW SSB AD5A SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad5a@gvtc.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AD5A SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 00:07:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   30    12       15
   40:  219    26       43
   20:  209    29       61
   15:  241    22       58
   10:   69     9       15
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were very good. I never would have predicted that 15 meters would be
my most productive band. As usual something had to go wrong and this time the
rotor on my rotating tower quit working at 3 am local time on Saturday. And as
you would expect it broke facing EU, no, well then it broke facing Asia/JA, no.
It broke while I was trying to work a ZL. The little incident rendered my stacks
useless for all practical purposes. So I used a JK Mid-Tri  with a 40M add-on
the rest of the contest. Not having the stacks hurt since I was running LP.
However, the Mid-Tri acquitted itself well. I will like not ever run a LP/SSB
contest ever again:-)

Happy with the results and the conditions were the best I've seen in years.
Thanks for the QSO's.