[3830] CQWW SSB W4KW SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4kw@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4KW SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 16:20:39 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W4KW
Operator(s): W4KW
Station: W4KW

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

  160:   11     4        4
   80:   26     8       15
   40:  107    19       38
   20:  300    24       67
   15:  160    23       48
   10:   26     5        7
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Well, this contest started with a bang literally, with thunder, lightning and
heavy rain. Very difficult operating conditions, to say the least.(maybe not too
smart either, but there's only one CQ WW SSB a year Right?).
That said, I can't remember when you could start this contest on 15 Meters and
log Indonesia (YB3KM, etc.) to New Caledonia (FK8IK) to New Zealand (ZM1A,
etc.). Then 20 Meters picked up where 15 Meters left off with Great unexpected
openings, under the present conditions, to the Pacific, etc.
Then early Saturday morning 40 Meters providing Pacific openings, along with
everything else.
Never could put A71AM, 4X7R and others in the Log, but I could at least hear
them.
Bottom line a Great Contest, a lot of activity under the present conditions.
Tnx to all for the contacts.
I heard several TCG Folks (some were using Dust covered Microphones, HI HI),
they were on, Contesting and well representing the Tennessee Contest Group.
Congrats to All the TCG Folks for Great participation and Scores.
73's,
Bert
W4KW